CREATIVE WRITING PROGRAMMES
Helping Writers become Authors
is it for you?
This is perfect for you if:
· You have serious creative intent and you want to develop your work to achieve publication or at least to a publishable standard.
· You love writing. You know you can do it, you want to, you’re committed… but it feels like a huge task and you just need a little extra help and support.
· You’ve written at least a good chunk of a novel before.
· You’re a published writer embarrassed to find yourself struggling with that next project. After all, you’re a real writer now, and you’re not supposed to find this so hard. You’ve lost faith in yourself.
· You have an idea for a new novel you’re longing to write. We don’t expect you to know everything (that’s what the planning bootcamp is for) but you’ll need to submit a 100 word synopsis when you apply.
· You’ve done all of your research, or can complete it by the start date. You only have 4 months to write, and you don’t want to waste that time researching/procrastinating.
· You don't want to take time out of employment but want to join in and write at times that suit you.
· You’re excited about dedicating yourself to your novel. Most of our writers have full-time jobs and write in their free time, but you should expect to commit around an hour every day for four months (more some days).
· You’re sick of the TV and irrelevant activities sucking your soul away, of getting home and thinking I can’t, I’m too tired. You want to be fulfilled, spending your time doing what you really love.
· Accountability, woo! Setting your own targets and being held firmly to them, knowing it’s going to happen, makes you feel relieved and excited about reaching your goals.
We’re not right for you if:
· You’re part way through your draft. This is only for new novels that are still at the planning stage (or only a few thousand words in at most). If you know where you’re going but just want accountability, a mentor might be what you’re looking for.
· You don’t like planning. If you have a track-record of stalling at 20,000 words, it might be worth reconsidering your approach to planning?
· You’re a ‘someday’ writer. We want people who are ready to take action and you’ll need to dedicate a good chunk of time to your writing every single week for four months. If you’re not ready to commit yet, please don’t apply.
· You don’t have the time. This novel won’t write itself, and you’ll need to put the hours in to make it happen, probably an hour every day. Yes. Every day. You can choose whether to do that in small bursts or a couple of long sessions a week, but there are no shortcuts with writing.
We limit numbers to make sure that you have plenty of space and a supportive small-group atmosphere,
so join in quick!
so join in quick!